Well hello folks, I have just returned from “The hedge studying tour of the UK “ and I have to say it was a grand success. I started my studies on the train from London to Edinburgh, lots of good hedges an hour out of London and up to York . The rest of the trip in the hire car was a bit more difficult as it was hard to pull over and view them as we whizzed by, not a lot of room to stop when one wishes to, but it went very well and I would just like to thank the drivers of the UK for their patience and forgiving nature as the navigator and I hurtled around again causing mayhem on their roads.
On our return home when I started working on the diorama itself I found that if I put all the hedges I wished to use in place, there would be no room for all the cavalry! So the only answer was to extend the base a few inches.
That That done it was time to put down the static grass, hedges and trees and cement the ruined cottage in place along with a few gate posts and the broken gate. The hedges I feel came up really well (thanks Dave), he gave me the idea to use string on the trees and after that I felt why not use it for the hedges too. It is really great picking up tips from fellow modellers and has certainly improved my work so a big thanks to all you other folk who have shared the ideas with the rest of us.
Well I hope you enjoy the photos of the work in progress and I am itching to put all those little guys I have spent the winter with into their places in history.